Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I buy and sell on Whoppah?
On Whoppah you'll find quality.
How does Whoppah determine which advertisements are placed?
What does the condition "good", "very good" and "excellent" mean?
What should I, as a buyer, do in case I have doubts about the authenticity of an item?
Wat moet ik doen als ik als koper sterke twijfels heb over de echtheid van een item?
If you are unsure about the authenticity of an item, you can report the ad to the Whoppah support team. We will contact the seller to investigate this further and may request proof such as purchase receipt, certificate etc.
What is the difference between the app and the Whoppah website?
Whoppah has a website and an app.
The app has more options than the website, so you can use the app to:
- Create an account
- Save ads as favorites
- Chat with the seller
- Make an offer for an item
- Create an ad
Via the website you can:
- View all the offers easily
- Easily make a purchase without an account
- Make a price request.
- Upload one photo and we'll let you know what it's worth
We work hard every day to improve the app and the website and will continue to add more options to the website in the coming period.
2. How does buying and paying work?
How do I pay for my purchase?
How does paying work on Whoppah?
Can I undo a payment as buyer?
3. How does bidding work?
From what price can I bid?
How do I accept or reject a bid?
What happens if my offer is accepted?
What happens if the buyer has rejected my offer?
What happens if there is a deal and the buyer doesn't pay?
4. How do you keep Whoppah safe?
How does Whoppah verify the reliability of the sellers and buyers?
5. How does selling work?
6. How do I create an ad?
How do I know what items I can sell on Whoppah?
- Whoppah offers premium furniture, lighting, art and home décor. We check all advertisements before we place them. This is how we monitor the first-class quality. We look at:
- The condition (at least good).
- The brand (design brands). If it does not have a brand, for example in the case of vintage or handmade items, we look at the design, the quality, the period of manufacture, and the originality
- The quality of the photos and description.
- How it fits within our current range.
- The attractiveness of the price.
What should I put in the description?
- It is of course, it is important that an advertisement has enough information.
- Indicate where it was bought and possibly the purchase price.
- How old it is and the history of the item.
- Details about the condition and accessories.
- In the case of art, explanation about the artist.
- Tip: make the description personal! Why did you buy it? What do you like about it? Why are you putting it away? In short, what is the story behind the item.
How many photos do I need to upload and of what?
- Provide at least 5 good quality photos
- At least one photo of the item as a whole (make sure the edges / sides of the photo fit in the frame), without decoration and well exposed.
- Photos of the details such as the brand label, traces of light wear etc.
- Make a video for an even better view for the buyer
- Tip: take photos against a white background
How do I determine my asking price?
Can I sell on Whoppah as a company?
Can I place my ad higher in the app or on the website?
As a seller, can I place an ad twice?
When will I be paid as a seller?
What if the buyer declares nothing?
What if the buyer indicates that he has not received the item in good order?
7. How does transport work?
Which transport providers can I make use of for sending my sold items to the buyer?
- As a seller, you decide whether an item is picked up or shipped. You can indicate that it can be picked up by our courier and / or by the buyer or that you send it. The shipping or courier costs are passed on to the buyer and paid to the seller after delivery.
- In the app you can check the following shipping options:
- You ship with parcel post (from € 6.95). Only do this if it can be taken with the mail and is not heavier than 10 kilos.
- You ship registered with parcel post (from € 14.95). The buyer must sign for receipt. Only do this if it can go with the parcel post and is not heavier than 10 kilos.
- Let the buyer use the Whoppah courier service. The item will be picked up from you and brought to the buyer (throughout the Netherlands) starting from € 69. We will contact you to plan the day of pick-up. The price depends on the size, weight and whether multiple couriers are needed to lift.
- You arrange the shipment and enter a rate yourself.
- Note !: Include any packaging costs in the sales price if you deem it necessary. If you choose parcel post, make sure you pack an item very well. The postal company should be able to stack it.
What do I pay for transport as buyer?
- The seller indicates whether it is possible to pick up an item or whether he or she opts for shipping only. In the case of shipping, the cost depends on how big an item is. You can see the costs on the product page and at the checkout.
- Parcel post is € 7.
- Registered parcel post is € 15.
- Courier service: the item is collected from the seller and delivered to you from € 59 in the Netherlands and € 99 in Belgium. We will contact you to plan the day of delivery. You arrange the shipment and enter a rate yourself.
- The seller may have different sales costs.
8. What are the costs on Whoppah?
What are the costs on Whoppah?
- Creating an account is free of charge.
- Creating an advertisement is free of charge.
- Buyers pay a € 2.99 service fee with a purchase.
- Private sellers pay 5% of the sales price.
- Business sellers pay 15% of the sales price excluding VAT.
- Depending on the chosen payment method (Visa and Mastercard), the buyer will be charged extra costs for paying via this payment method. This is clearly indicated at the checkout.
- Payment via iDeal and Bancontact is free of charge.
Why does Whoppah charge fees?
9. My account
What are the costs on Whoppah?
How do I change my password?
How can I change my username?
How do I change the bank account number that is connected to my account?
How do I delete my account?
10. How do I contact Whoppah?
Do you have a question or are you unable to find a solution? Send us an e-mail: support@whoppah..com or chat via Help and contact via My Whoppah.